Trauma-Informed Plant Medicine Masterclass:
Trauma-informed psilocybin facilitation refers to the use of the psychedelic compound psilocybin with safety and trauma sensitivity, with a particular focus on understanding and addressing trauma imprints that may arise. Psilocybin is the active compound found in certain species of mushrooms.
When facilitating psilocybin experiences for individuals who have experienced trauma, it is essential to approach the process with a trauma-informed lens. This means that facilitators should have a deep understanding of trauma, its impact on individuals, and how to create a safe and supportive environment for healing.
Date: 9th July, Sunday
Time: 10 am – 11.30 am EST
Cost: $50 USD / $35 USD Early Bird before 23rd June
1. A 90-minute video recording
2. A 90-minute audio recording for download
3. PDF Slides and Professional Worksheets
ShamanFire, Trauma-Informed Psilocybin Facilitator & Shamanic Practitioner
Head of Integration, AYA Healing Retreats & Trauma-Informed Plant Medicine Educator
THE IMPORTANCE OF TRAUMA-INFORMED PLANT MEDICINE FACILITATION
Being trauma-informed in psilocybin facilitation essential, and we will be covering the following topics in our masterclass:
- Safety: Trauma survivors may have unique sensitivities and vulnerabilities. Trauma-informed facilitation prioritizes safety and minimizes the risk of re-traumatization. By understanding trauma and its effects, facilitators can create a safe environment that promotes healing and minimizes potential harm.
- Trust and Therapeutic Alliance: Building a trusting and therapeutic relationship between the facilitator and the participant is crucial. Trauma-informed facilitation emphasizes the establishment of trust, respect, and rapport, which are essential for trauma survivors to feel comfortable and supported during the psilocybin experience,
- Trauma Triggers: Trauma survivors may have triggers—certain stimuli or situations that can evoke intense emotional or physiological reactions linked to their traumatic experiences. Trauma-informed facilitation helps identify and mitigate potential triggers during the psilocybin session, ensuring a more contained and manageable experience for the participant.
- Empowerment and Choice: Trauma-informed facilitation recognizes the importance of giving individuals a sense of empowerment and choice. Trauma survivors may have experienced a loss of control during their traumatic experiences. By involving participants in the decision-making process and respecting their autonomy, facilitators help restore a sense of agency, which can contribute to the healing process.
- Understanding Trauma Responses: Trauma can manifest in various ways, such as hyperarousal, dissociation, or numbing. Facilitators who are trauma-informed are familiar with these responses and can adapt their approach accordingly. They can provide appropriate support and interventions to address and regulate the participant’s emotional and physiological responses during the psilocybin experience.
- Integration and Aftercare: Trauma-informed facilitation extends beyond the psilocybin session itself. It includes comprehensive integration support and aftercare. Trauma survivors often require ongoing support in integrating and making sense of their experiences, and trauma-informed facilitators provide the necessary resources, guidance, and referrals for continued healing.
By integrating trauma-informed principles into psilocybin facilitation, the process becomes more attuned to the specific needs and vulnerabilities of trauma survivors. This approach helps create a safer, more supportive, and empowering environment, maximizing the therapeutic potential of psilocybin while minimizing the risk of re-traumatization.
DETAILS & INVESTMENT
Your purchase includes:
– The 90 mins Live Zoom workshop recording
– The 90 mins audio recording to download.
– Your PDF manual on trauma-informed tips and tools, along with helpful protocols and reflection worksheets for Psilocybin Facilitation.
Cost: $50 USD Full/ $35 USD Early Bird before 23rd June
Date: 9th July Sunday 10 am – 11.30 am EST
The recording of the program will be available to watch with your purchase on our online platform within 24 – 48 hours.
Trauma-Informed Psilocybin Facilitator
Learn More About Roger:
Atira Tan, MA, SEP
Head of Integration
AYA HEALING RETREATS
Learn More About Atira:
Level Up With Us
With Roger Lockshier, Trauma-Informed Psilocybin Facilitator and Atira Tan, M.A. Somatic Trauma Specialist & Educator.
Save $55 on our early bird special until August 1st, 2022, with the code:
Somatic Trauma-Informed Plant Medicine IntegrationRecordings available after the live event
90 mins video recording
90 mins audio recording
PDF manual, protocols, and reflection worksheets
* This program can be taken as a self-paced learning experience. All live workshop videos are recorded and you have one year access to the content.
** Please note that 50% of the cost is non-refundable and ticket are non-transferable. Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking. Your booking is confirmation that you have read and agree to our terms and conditions.
*** Completion of the Trauma-Informed Plant Medicine Program is highly encouraged but not compulsory for this program.
**** Payment plans are available for elegible concession and unemployed students. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.